FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is WorldSim any good ?
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:41 am
fwfdan

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by der_saeufer;
That's a terrible deal, as are most "roaming SIMs". You can get that much data for half that price from Three (UK) among several other European carriers. Three is particularly popular since their SIMs can be bought in advance off Amazon.com, but depending on where you start your trip there may be a better deal for sale locally. The only thing you don't get is voice calling back to the U.S. but you can get that for free from Google Voice.
Thanks - after looking some more I saw the Three UK One on Amazon after doing more research.... Where I was having problems at first was finding more than 14 days and wanting one that permits using my phone as a hot-spot but do see some now.

Last time I was looking was a few years ago and I seem to remember they were a LOT more than I am seeing now ...

Another question if anyone knows, when something says it cannot be used for a hotspot / tethering how do they control that? I have never used mine as a hot spot but want the option just in case, but if we really cannot no big deal.

thanks for your help!

Last edited by fwfdan; Feb 3, 2020 at 9:05 am