FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: What's happening with the planes scheduled to fly to China?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:17 pm
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by RangerNS
the AC market is only so big. They only need so many seats. They can only sell so many in the next couple of months, which is the context at hand..
I've said previously that I don't know what the company plans are for the 'excess' airplanes, but the AC market as you term it has been constrained since March. Demand for seats has often outstripped supply, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some relief enter the market in terms of reinstating suspended routes or relieving smaller aircraft. As I mentioned, this will be a bean counter exercise, the results of which we shall have to wait to see.

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Parts that you keep on hand because they break and parts you will need on a fixed schedule are different things. Either way the in-house hangars have aircraft in them, now, in a million pieces. It would take time to so much as clean up th floorspace, let alone put a functional aircraft back on the ramp if they wanted to accelerate the 787 checks.
You've lost me here, as I'm not sure which AC hangars are occupied by aircraft in "a million pieces". Nor am I sure why the airline would want to accelerate 787 checks. Perhaps you could help me understand.