FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A festive trip to New Orleans - BA First and AA
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:10 am
stu1985

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Few others I found from the last evening....

Up in the morning and finished packing. I ho pped in an Uber and 20 mins later I was at MSY and checked in to DFW and then LAX. Unfortunately, there was no lounge at MSY so I had to slum it in the main terminal. The terminal was pretty quiet when I was there at the A gate side..... I had the whole bit to myself!

New MSY!

Because I was slumming it, I found a bar and grabbed a beer before the flight boarded.

AA2802, MSY - DFW, N916AN, B737

Boarded and was offered the usual open bar pre-departure drinks..... well done AA! I went for a Mimosa. Captain announced a flight time of an hour 20 minutes up to Dallas.

The flight was fine. I changed to some Sam Adams after we took off and enjoyed the scenery on the way up north.

Great views as we flew over DFW and then turned to make our approach.

Landed a bit late in DFW so didn't have too much time connecting but just enough time for a beer and a snack in the Admirals lounge. Although I was told that even as an Emerald card holder, you aren't entitled to premium spirits or wine now.....?! Really?!