FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One WayPrestige/F : From ICN or USA?
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:35 pm
Unionruler

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
So you all know I post a lot here, but actually, I've NEVER flown in biz or F on KE! I was saving up my miles for round trip F to the US (at 95,000W)...but well, that's not gonna happen by April 2021 with my mileage earning rates (one trip to USA per year, local vacations in Asia, Korean credit cards with 1:1 earning rates basically).

So now I'm gonna burn my miles this year for a trip - I'm looking at like one way economy, one way biz OR one way F on miles, one way economy cash.

Any advice as to which one you'd do? Presumably, I feel like I should be doing biz or F from ICN since that's their "home turf" and you get the full program and best "experience." Right?

Or in your experience is it better to do it Ex-USA? I'd be flying from ATL or JFK..... Yes i know plane makes a difference (so of course if I can get it on 747-8 instead of A380 that's better).....

The most important thing of course is what seats are actually available, but of course I'd love your opinion! With regards to sleeping - generally I sleep 7-8 hours in either direction even in Y. Drugs are my friend haha. Thanks everyone.
As you are based in Seoul, if I were you, I would save till I have 115,000 miles, then redeem a Asia 2 - Morocco/ Western Europe Skyteam business roundtrip award.