FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Flight Change or Standby Possible on AA Booked/Codeshare?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:07 pm
sky_throwaway

Same Day Flight Change or Standby Possible on AA Booked/Codeshare?

Hello -
Have a LAX - MNL booked flight via American Airlines. Connection in Tokyo to Manilla via JAL. On our return flight home, the first leg, MNL to HND is at 23:45pm. There are two "better" flights for us earlier that day to NRT. In a perfect world we are looking for a few extra hours for a proper overnight stopover in Tokyo.

I called AA, they confirmed fare difference to either of the earlier flights on the same day was only $20 per passenger, but after service fees and charges it was just a mere $2000 to make the change. Woah!

Curious if I have any chance of arriving to MNL early, heading to the JAL counters and attempt to make a same day flight change for a minimal fee (ie not $2000)? If it helps, I am AA ExecPlat/Emerald status, one of the features is "priority wait-listing" but not familiar with JAL wait-listing policy's and fees. We will have checked luggage and we are aware we would need to get our luggage from NRT to HND.

Any help or insight on possibilities would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!