FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:15 am
odie11

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
Hope tis is in the right place...My husband was on CUN-PHL yesterday afternoon. Pilot came on once plane was loaded and said delayed due to paperwork between AA and the FAA (apparently said it was delaying other flights elsewhere as well). Delay lasted over two hours on the tarmac. Passengers were apparently getting very upset so they offloaded plane and then abruptly cancelled the flight. My husband is platinum pro. I quickly called AA and the only option offered was a flight out the next day through Miami where he would have a long layover with a total travel time of 18 hours to get back home to BDL. I asked if they could put him on another carrier and she agreed to a Delta nonstop between CUN and BDL for the following day (today). He will arrive home today at 4:30PM instead of his original time of 10:00 PM last night. I am sure there is no compensation for this but what could the paperwork be that caused this?