FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Madrid international connection
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:32 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

off topic

Originally Posted by jeanie
I have a similar question. I booked a One World award using AA miles routing ORY/MAD/DUS all on one day in June. When it was booked, I had over a 2 hour layover in MAD. Both flights are on the same ticket number. Now there is a 1 hour 15 minute layover in MAD.

What are the chances of my checked bags making that 1hour 15 minute connection? If my bags don't make that flight, will Iberia deliver my bag to my hotel in Koln? The bags are needed for a business meeting the next day.

I am trying to decide whether or not to call AA and ask if the ticket can be cancelled and refunded, and then I could get a new ticket with a longer layover on BA through LHR. Thanks.

Edited to add: Well, since this is a One World award, AA was able to change the ticket from IB to BA at no charge. I didn't know that I could change carriers like that. So I learned something new today. So now I am flying CDG/LHR/DUS.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Sort of scratching my head as to why you wouldn't just pay cash to fly direct or take the train. Paris to Madrid / London to Germany is quite the detour.

But glad it worked out for you.
Yes. Indeed. A short no hassle train ride (~250 miles) from city centre to city centre. Would guess point to point by train would be a lot quicker than flying. And no cost/hassle of getting to/from airports
Many people from USA do not seem to look at maps or consider trains

Great Circle Mapper