FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you fill out a Survey? Something I learned...
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:37 pm
KRSW

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
The only time I did post a review it was for an IHG property that should have been deflagged. I made sure I only used proper language (no swear words, no obscenities, etc.) and kept it strictly factual. My review never made it to the IHG site. Researching it a bit after words, it was fairly common for IHG to filter and never post negative reviews. I don't know if Marriott is guilty of the same filtering.
Marriott definitely filters the reviews on their website. I posted one for a Courtyard which definitely was nowhere near meeting brand standards, visible mold everywhere due to water ingress + bad HVAC, thin walls, no fridge/microwave, common areas were a mess. Staff were generally friendly and tried to work with the lemon they had before them. The irony was that the room had a note asking people to talk with the manager before leaving a negative review online. I did get to talk with the head of housekeeping, and she was painfully aware of the property's drawbacks. Funding was a major problem, and it showed. I left an honest review as part of the survey. It never showed up on the website.