FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WAW transit security
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:57 pm
poisson

Originally Posted by fassy

I don’t see how TSA fails at their job? And just because the Ukrainians were thorough for you, means they are always thorough enough to fulfill the standard the EU countries consider good enough to include them in the list.

i guess there is some framework around getting approved, like for carriers getting approved for TSAPre or for state to participate in Global Entry.

since the current Ukraine is a quite young and difficult republic, that process probably will take some time.
The TSA fails almost every test and has yet to stop a terrorist. I found a safety razor blade in my carry on that I forgot about that they failed to detect. They also have let me pass through with more than the maximum liquid amount or containers that were larger than 100ml. Yet they scrutinized the blocks of cheese I brought back from Vermont.

I suspect that Ukrainian airport security is on high alert because of the Russia stuff. But like with most things in Ukraine, if you know the right people or pay the right amount of money, you can probably pass through without much scrutiny so this is why Poland doesn't have them listed as a "trusted" country.