FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:54 pm
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
First time since (I think) 2014 I'm more than mildly annoyed.

Got up at 3:30am in LAS to catch 6am flight to SFO and then 777 flight to Maui, arriving at lunchtime.

3:39am get text saying 6 am cancelled and I've been re-booked on 2:55p to SFO and arriving Maui after 9pm (on a 737).

I got on 1K line and tried to get on earlier flights (even if I had to ride coach), but they had already filled the earlier SFO flight w/ coach passengers so I couldn't make it to SFO for the second flight of day to OGG. Other options to get there in coach not to appealing. Agent offered flights tomorrow, but have some things lined up back home that need to happen, otherwise I might have gone with that option.

What would be the range of compensation I might be looking at?
As a 1K, probably $300 range, plus or minus. It's too bad the rebooking options were so pathetic, and that other pax were prioritized over you as a 1K for seating on earlier flights, especially on that short positioning flight. What did they compensate you with in the end?

Quick edit: Just checked and most of the LAS-SFO and LAS-LAX flights took multiple standby pax all day long... I can't believe that UA wouldn't just overbook you onto one of these flights, especially given the number of no-shows that are typically seen in LAS.