FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you fill out a Survey? Something I learned...
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:19 pm
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Semi-related topic, I hate the whole anything less than 8 is a zero metric. Other companies are worse where anything less than 10 is a zero metric. If the object of the survey is truly to gather information and grade it on a 10 point scale, the acceptable rating criteria need to match. E.g. for me, anything is rarely a 10 or even a 9. A good property will be mainly an 8 with possibly some 9's or 7's. Okay property would be 7 and 8 with perhaps some 6's. Anything less than that is bad and it is a degree of how bad. Other people I am sure calibrate their ratings scale differently. If only 8, 9, and 10 are okay, than do a 3 or 4 point scale (e.g. below standards, barely meets minimum standard, fully meets standards and may exceed slightly, generally exceeds standards). The current metrics are crap and just gaming the system. E.g. so they can report high numeric ratings on websites.
Don't play along, but the metric is designed that way for a reason. It's specifically aimed to identify propensity to recommend, and in general we don't do around recommending places to our friends that we'd score an 8 (sorry small town Sheraton).