FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:40 am
parrotheadmjb

Stayed one night. The premium internet described above wasn't working, instead I chose Guest access and was pulling down about 65mbps so no issues there lol. Hotel was HOT, I had all 3 windows in my room open which probably cooled it down to 65 like I like it (it was about 30 outside). I think if I had been there during the recent warm spell I might have switched hotels. I was upgraded to a Junior Suite High Floor at check-in, Central Park Suites were sold out. Breakfast at Norma's was good, I tip 20% after tax and had $4 gratuity show up on bill, I didn't bother asking about it because I didn't care. They did charge me $25 + tax for an umbrella I never borrowed, I'm guessing the FD charged it to the wrong room.. didn't have much of an issue getting it removed but the guy didn't sound like he believed me lol. Got 4pm check-out, when I returned at 3:30pm they had checked me out by accident and my keys wouldn't work, had to get security to let me in, not huge deal but I got 3 sets of keys from the FD and none worked before security finally let me in. I had a really low room rate so none of this bothered me. Destination fee was waived without asking.

I will definitely be returning to the hotel. Biggest issue for me was really the heat, if my room didn't have 3 windows I literally would've used my Chase IHG night at the Kimpton Eventi and just eaten the rate here.