View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 20, 9:39 am
larrythai

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
I wrote the following message via IHG Reward's Facebook page:
I travel a great deal. Without exaggeration, for the past five or six years, I've been staying at IHG hotels 95% of the time. A big reason for this was that fact that the reward points were very valuable to me, since I would often use the Point Break hotels to explore out of the way, but fascinating locations. It's easy when your business is Internet-based as mine is. Now I've received word that PB may well be no more. So let me express my opinion that cutting out good deals for one's best customers is quite counter-productive. And doing it without even a timely notice, adds insult to injury. The PB program costs IHG very little, as the hotels included usually have low season when chosen, as well as a low occupancy rate. Moreover, since the PBs encourage loyalty and more hotel stays, the amount that it costs IHG is easily recouped. To me this is comparable to what AA id to its frequent flyers about two years ago, and what Thai Air (which once was quite successful and is now on the rocks) did around 2010. I really hope IHG will reconsider.
I received the following response a few minutes later:
Hi Larry, I am happy to hear back from one of our loyal IHG Rewards Club members. I am sorry but we have not received any news or any update that the points break is being removed from the program. Please do send us a screenshot of the announcement you found or received so we can forward it to the department concerned. Thanks- Ronald
I sent his the Loyalty Lobby piece including the letter from IHG and go back the following:
IHG Rewards Club

Thanks for sending the information. I will surely pass this on to the concerned department for review. I do appreciate you raising this concern to us. - Ronald

Stay tuned!.