FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad London St. James {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:10 am
milesforhire

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Just returned from a 3 night stay ..first time at this hotel many times other HH properties in London. Was a bit apprehensive given some of the he reviews. Was on points so didn't expect much. Room was small on the top floor..was it an upgrade? but nicely appointed and large bath with separate shower and tub. Turn down service and some nice candies at night. A bit surprised there was no managers note or welcome basket that we usually receive as diamond but not a showstopper.

Loved the location. Across from the tube, bus number 24 a block away on Victoria runs 24 hours past parliament Westminster Abbey Trafalgar square and into the heart of theatreland. A couple of tube stops from museums in South Kensington. Walked to Buckingham palace and Queens Gallery and up through st James park to shopping on jermyn and regent.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating from the moment we entered the hotel and had our bags in our hands immediately. It was a good first impression. We have walked into many hotels where there was no one at the door and ir no greeting. Breakfast in the restaurant was good with a nice selection including service.they do need to invest in a toaster that customers can use instead of having to bring toast to the table. Lounge was nice and I liked the individual serving of appetizers in three tiered tea trays to each table to help control movement and queues in the space.

Much preferred the location and service to the Hilton on park lane for instance.

And don't forget to ask for the English bulldog Conrad stuffed animals. They are adorable.
Many thanks for this post. Makes me excited for my Feb stay.