FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana acquired by HYUNDAI HDC starting with new management
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:15 am
Gasolin

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by downinit
"Usuallly" implies the same management, which may well no longer be the case??? Can't really rely on past performance after such a major shake-up, but the one guarantee in the airline industry (and most others) is that all changes are for the benefit of the shareholders at the expense and to the detriment of the flyers (customers). It was a good run while it lasted, but I doubt OZ will survive in any recognizable form after the next big recession/depression hits. PRK is just too small to support two major airlines, especially now that it has launched a PR war with its closest (in more ways than one) neighbor over restitution payments to a couple survivors over something that happened 75+ years ago. The slump in demand from the current outbreak in China may alone be enough to push OZ over the edge. First they turned their back on Japan, and now they effectively lose the Chinese market for at least the immediate future.
I doubt the vision is that skeptical within Korea. Koreans disappointed by KE will turn to OZ now since Morning calm is even harder to achieve. And they travel enough internationally so that second company is not going away.

If I were OZ, I would just take my time to observe. There is indeed a chance those travelers don't go to OZ and just start using the cheapest option around, which then is not guaranteed to be OZ.