FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Promotion Speculation Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:18 am
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by Concerto
Maybe that feel they have simply given out too many points and are waiting for us to burn some, to avoid devaluing the whole thing again? Anyway, I am hoping Pointbreaks will be interesting today, even though I will probably not be able to use any of them!
I don't think so, on parts of IHG giving too much points and a good PB slection. In my opinion IHG is still evaluate the problem in China. After all, China is the second biggest single country market. The problem in China is also quickly have huge impact on Thailand, Malaysia and Japan, where Chinese tourist counts a lot.

I think IHG is in a situation that it realize the China situation may have a huge impact on its Q1 result. In the mean time, if the rumor is true that the situation may not be finally contained until middle or the end of February, many Chinese guests will not be able to enjoy the promo until then.

Thus, IHG might be recalculate the promo formula to meet two criteria:
1, to minimize the cost of promo but to maximize the revenue generated
2, to make the promo longer than usual so that the Chinese market could participate once the lock down is released.

I think we will have several promo going on at the same time to stimulate the revenue growth while have flexibility to react to the on going Chinese issue.