FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSM attitude to 'self upgraders'
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:51 pm
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Sadly in many cases those who have the brass neck to self-upgrade are more likely to be the ones who would submit a complaint against the CSM for sending them packing.

It wouldn’t be terribly hard to concoct a “the CSM was incredibly rude to me when I popped up to see my partner” story, and that would result in a note in the cabin crew member’s file and a meeting with their line manager.

Particularly for those just starting their career, it may be a case of self-preservation rather than inaction - i.e. the crew will usually only choose to deal with situations they can win the battle on.
What, instead of “the customer service manager” did nothing and said it was “too much hassle” to deal with? I’m sorry but as a manager you are always going to get complaints when dealing (or not dealing) with customers. Some will be malicious, some will just come from not having the full picture and some will be justified. You can’t please all of the people all of the time! If you’re going to shy away from decision making for a quiet life, you really shouldn’t be a manager.

Last edited by IAMORGAN; Jan 26, 2020 at 9:01 pm