FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Widebody service to Dubai DXB
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2020, 6:49 am
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks Vulle! And I will, I'm flying back next Friday.

Last night, I had a six-hour (5 h 45 min) redeye DXB-KGL. The J hard product was absolute crap with ancient-feeling recliner seats on a 737-800, but the soft product beats AY hands down.

Predeparture drinks consisted of water, orange juice and Moët & Chandon Brut Impérial served in real glasses.

Despite a 1:50 am departure, Rwandair served a three-course meal with each course brought separately. They used trays, but also had a tablecloth unlike AY. Appetizer was a large portion of hummus and tabouleh. Several different bread rolls were available. For main course, there were four choices. I risked it with the beefsteak, but, although obviously well-done, the steak was actually one of the best I've had on a plane. The meat was very tender. A big slice of red velvet cake for dessert.

An hour before arrival, cheese croissants and drinks were served.

The amenity kit bag was non-branded but proudly carries the Rwandair logo, and is of good size. I'll probably start using it. Inside were the widest eyeshade I've ever seen (good design!), socks, a hairbrush, toothbrush, Colgate toothpaste as well as toiletries from the Swiss brand Charriol: hand cream 15 ml, face cream 15 ml, lip balm 4 ml.

The flight landed 15 min ahead of schedule (and immigration took one minute, including a visa on arrival). I was impressed.

OT? Not really. Without the Iranian airspace trouble, these flights (HEL-DXB and DXB-KGL) are of equal length, so it is, in my opinion, a very interesting comparison.

Edit: decided to write a little something about my WB experience in more detail. If you're interested (and you should be, KGL is a great city and AY DXB with points + WB from DXB is the absolutely cheapest way to get here from Finland), check this out: Rwandair (WB) DXB-KGL flight review (without photos)

Last edited by ffay005; Jan 27, 2020 at 10:46 am Reason: link to WB mini-review added