FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:46 am
est-gratuite

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently and mostly enjoyed my stay.
A few bullet points:

-Despite the hotel name, there is not a single room at this property where you can actually see "tower bridge". (I asked.) Tower bridge is only very a short walk away, but unfortunately, you can't see it anywhere from inside the hotel. That said, some rooms on the higher floors (those facing west) have nice views of "The Shard" building, St. Paul's cathedral, and "the city" area skyscraper skyline around bank station. You cannot however see the river thames as other buildings mostly block the view.

-You CAN open windows for fresh air at this hotel, which I always appreciate.

-Breakfast is still being served in one of the large conference rooms on the 1st floor. The set-up in the conference room felt a bit rudimentary and I saw a lot of tables that hadn't been cleared, so took me a while to find a place to sit. I overheard a staff member staying the ground floor restaurant will re-open sometime in February. Since it was my first time here I do not know what It was like before.

-Lounge is on 9th floor and served okay-ish food. (If you are used to the lounge at hilton bankside you will be very disappointed by the food here). There is a very large outside balcony with tables and chairs which anyone can access next to the lounge. You can see "The Shard" building mostly.

-Despite this outside size, this is a small hilton. There aren't that many rooms per floor, and there isn't that many staff working here.

-If you've been to the Hilton bankside, you will be disapppointed by the food quality here, both in the lounge and at breakfast. The food quality is 1 area where Hilton bankside really shines, and it's tough to go back to boring standard hotel food after that. Also, those used to hilton bankside and all the facilites like swimmig pool, the resturants and all the staff working in every area, will feel you've moved down to a lower service hotel when you stay at tower bridge. Not saying tower bridge is a bad hotel, but it's just not in the same category as bankside in terms of facilities, food and service. If the price between the 2 is similiar I would go for bankside every time.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jan 26, 2020 at 4:52 am