FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:13 pm
rustykettel

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Tweed Jet Set
3) Before I realized how early Alaska boards planes, I showed up to the gate 15 minutes before departure and the gate agent yelled that I was the last one to board, and when I scanned my boarding pass she let me know that she had re-assigned my seat. When I got on the plane I saw I was no longer in an exit row, but in a middle seat next to someone that really could have used the extra space. Fortunately I saw that my original seat in the exit row was unoccupied so I just sat there. Any reason she would do that, or was it just a punitive measure for showing up late?
Without having access to the records or interviewing the gate agent, it's hard to tell. My guess is she was offloading you and just stuck you back in any seat. Alaska does tend to board early, often in advance of the scheduled boarding time (Horizon flights are generally the opposite) and if you're not in the boarding area by the cutoff time T-30, your seat assignment and reservation including any down line flights may be cancelled.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...boarding-times

Having said that, there's no reason other than an imminent safety danger for an AS employee to yell at you. Please do fill out the post flight survey at alaskalistens.com.