FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *Coronavirus : BA Suspends all flts to mainland China* +discussion on long haul flts
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:00 am
Mozart0815

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mnhusker
Two things.

1. AA now has a "Travel Alert" allowing rebooking without change fees, to include not traveling for up to 331 days to Wuhan, Bejing and Shanghi.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp

2. Lancet published a paper of the initial cases of Corona virus in Wuhan and these cases of Corona virus pneumonia did NOT occur primarily in people with underlying illnesses but in otherwise healthy people. I downloaded the paper in PDF but don't have the link, sorry.

All the best.
These respiratory viruses typically indeed attack also healthy people, like regular colds and flus do.

However, I was referring to the disease incidence but to the reported cases of death.

A healthy immune system can normally cope with a respiratory infection eventually. If you have comorbidities or are immunocompromised it’s a different story.

All this is obviously only speculation at this point while we’re waiting for hard data.

That said there’s probably a reason why the WHO hasn’t raised any Global alerts.