FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *Coronavirus : BA Suspends all flts to mainland China* +discussion on long haul flts
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:26 pm
nk15
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
You have to breathe harder with a mask on, which helps to ensure sure the virus really gets into your lungs

Just read that one should wear a surgical mask rather than a N95 mask, as the latter are hard to breathe through.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...n-virus-spread

The masks are meant for people who are ill, so that if/when they sneeze or cough it contains the droplets. As no-one yet seems to know whether this virus spreads before symptoms show or not, I think the reason people want everyone to wear masks is so that you don't panic that the person you're close to is ill and about to sneeze. I guess it can also help if you're wearing a mask and someone sneezes on you.
One of my biggest annoyances is people who cough or sneeze and they don't turn their head down and away and don't cover their mouths with hand/arm, they just never got raised/socialized that way or don't care about others...This stuff should be taught in schools and you should be tested on, lol...