FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Since when is BA blocking award space to AA members?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:09 pm
rosenkavalier

Since when is BA blocking award space to AA members?

Hi there,
I just posted in the AS forum about not being able to find BA flights that are showing as available to book with Avios but not with AS miles. In the past, availability was pretty straightforward, as in, if you find on BA you will find elsewhere. (I am trying to book a BA flight with AS miles or AA).
Now for the OW specific question: AA also doesn't show the space, so I think its BA blocking the space for AS and AA members. But the plot thickens when I log into my JL account, and it shows the space as available. So, its obviously not a blanket block for all partners but is BA now being selective of which partner FFP members can access their awards? Since when has this been happening, and is there any trend or pattern that can be observed? Like BA releasing seats closer to departure (à la LH F to their Star partners)
(Problem is I don't have any JL miles right now, and they don't have any CC transfer options except Marriott Bonvoy, which I don't have enough of either...but I digress)