FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA and Qatar joint venture application to Australia
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:11 am
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Not in my experience. In the 4 times I've passed through, there has not been any security for transit passengers (I know this depends on which flight), so I've been in the lounge less than 10 minutes after leaving the plane.

Also, no messing about with the security check at the gate.
This has never been my experience, always had security in transit (although often has bottles of water and the like in my bag which I’ve found after, which they seam to always miss).

DOH is an ok airport to transit, but I much prefer SIN, the former gives an initial good impression, but after a long layover or indeed multiple trips, you starts to feel rather ‘fake’ in my opinion, whereas I’ve generally had a very welcoming experience in SIN although my only complaint is the ugly carpet in the terminal (I concede this is a very minor point).

Meanwhile moving back on topic, this would seams commercially beneficial for both airlines and I disagree with the early threads that two airlines working together reduces completion; it can in fact increase competition if the combined effect causes an effect on the other major players. To suggest otherwise would appear to me to be rather naive.