FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check my PQP calculations for 2020 (mix of UA and partner flights)
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:57 pm
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by wco81
OK, I found an AC fare on Google Flights but doesn't appear on the AC site at all.

I mean the flights don't even show up for any price. So I'm on hold with the AC call center now.

But I've repeated these searches and GF repeatedly shows a low fare. So I've tried their other links. Orbitz comes up almost double the price.

The only one which is around the price shown on GF is Priceline. However, on Priceline, all the outbound flights are shown with OS flight numbers, SFO-YYZ, YYZ-FRA and FRA-SZG. Of course only the last one is actually operated by OS.

So do I still get the AC PQP calculations despite my booking it under the OS codeshare?

The return flight path is INN-FRA-YVR-SFO. The AC flight numbers show up correctly for these in the Priceline booking.
1. You are wasting (a lot) of your time with the AC call center - they will not be able to replicate the fare
2. Just book it under OS flight numbers - its only the actual plane you are on that matters, so if its operated by AC - you ll earn AC rates