FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:30 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I think the "proof" requested was not proof that anyone made the charge (why would anyone fabricate that story??) but rather a written document or email from CNB stating that as of X date they will no longer reimburse AA GCs or alternatively that they will only reimburse fees specified in the benefits guide. While it is helpful to hear anecdotal stories about communications with the bankers and the "back office," they are not considered authoritative sources.

That being said, one cannot ignore the "evidence" that AA GC charges which posted after January 1 have not been reimbursed during the normal time frame. This suggests that CNB may have changed its policy for such charges, or perhaps has either changed the coding (as AMEX did) to exclude GCs and/or instructed its personnel to deny reimbursement.

If that is the case then the card has become less than worthless to many of us who rarely pay baggage, cancellation and other fees that fall with the specified category. Particularly compared to Chase CSR which automatically refunds $300 in a broadly defined category of charges coded as travel including airfares, car rentals, hotels etc. I will definitely cancel and demand a pro-rata refund of the AF.

One thing I will not do is roll the dice and charge $350 in GCs at aa.com because I really don't need to bank any more credits on American as I rarely fly that airline. But thanks to everyone who continues to test this concept.

Last edited by Boraxo; Jan 23, 2020 at 1:37 pm