FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2020, 12:47 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jsloan
I suspect that if you called up and said that you wanted to change your ticket to PEK because you had a separate onward ticket to WUH, you'd probably get an agent to allow you a free change. A free refund -- probably not without a waiver. But, changing the ticket to go somewhere else, and paying the fare difference? You might need to HUCA once or twice, but I suspect you could find someone to make an exception.
I think it depends on what is on the PNR - I build my PNRs with all of the segments listed, regardless of the airline, and then issue multiple tickets by a collection of segments, but there is one complete PNR with everything listed. In this case, I think there is a better chance of getting UA, or any airline, to do a change, but if the WUH ticket isn't visible to the agent, it's less likely they will cooperate, and if the WUH segment is by train, there is even less of a chance they will cooperate.