FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Individual Bulk Fares Directly from United / United Vacations
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:35 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bradleykhofmann
I'm looking at United Vacations now. I can get rt flight IAH-EDI and Car for less than usual BE flight only, like $200 less. My concern is I see absolutely nowhere what baggage is or is not included (carry-on or checked) My only clue is some of the options say ECONOMY FLEXIBLE and others say nothing. Is there anyway to figure out if any checked bags are included?
According to the checked bag calculator, even a non-MP member should get 1 bag for IAH-EDI, as long as it’s not a BE fare. Anyone with UA status should get a second bag free, and the weight limit for both gets increased to 70 lbs from 50. The economy flexible indicates this shouldn’t be a basic fare, so anyone should get 1 free 50 lb. bag.

Does UA Vacations offer no risk cancelation within 24 hours? If so, you can always book, look at the bag allowance on the receipt or on UA.com, and then cancel if it doesn’t meet your needs.

Bulk fares can be (but aren’t always) highly discounted below published fares. There are certainly disadvantages of them (check change/cancel policies very carefully before buying so you know what those are if needed), but if everything meets your needs, and the fare is good, and you understand what mileage you’ll get if that is important to you, then by all means, just purchase.