FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi retention offers (2018 - 2021)
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:12 am
miles4sheli

Citi/AA Business - $99 if Spent $3K in 3 months

Originally Posted by rj123456
Citi AA Business
Minimal spend other than to meet sign up bonus
Was told transferred to "retentions" and was told there were no offers. When I told them to close the account the rep said "a different department handles that" and was transferred again.
Chatted with the 3rd rep for a few minutes and said I wanted to cancel the card unless they had any offers. He said if I spent $1,000 in 3 months they would credit back the $99 annual fee.
I'm thinking of churning this card but still working on a $10K spend bonus offer from USBank so was happy for the delay.
Not a great offer but accepted.
Had a similar experience. Had my card over 4 years. Since the fee posted, I tried multiple times to reach retention department. Only on the 60th day of the fee---the last day to get it back---when I said "if you don't give me an offer I will be cancelling this card today" did they transfer me. My offer wasn't as good as yours, it was spend $3,000 in 3 months to get a $99 credit. I only spent about $800 on this account in 2019, but do need the card so kept it. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get any offer....