FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Status Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:14 pm
Kobetraveller

Diamond Status Discussion Thread

Nobody has objected to a new thread for this topic so here it is. Will it be an active thread ??

Personally, I am interested in learning about anybody's experience with the new Diamond Status from Economy to Luxury brand Stays . . . both the types of experiences that can be photographed (Amenities or whatever), and the sort of personalised service types of experience which cannot necessarily be photographed.

Most posts to date have focused on the lack of published benefits for Diamond status, especially when compared to what is already available at the Platinum level with considerably less expenditure.

I am still keeping an open mind although at this early stage I would say that any recognition at the hotel level depends entirely on the whim of the GM and/or Loyalty Activist. There do not seem to have been any directives from Accor to the hotels based on what I have seen here and on one other forum.

I am currently doing a long stay in an out of town (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) midscale Mercure and have been quite happy so far especially when I consider the very affordable room rate. I have mentioned a few things in other threads from the last few months at this and other hotels (after I had qualified for Diamond but before it was officially introduced on 1st January) which have given me hope. I won't regurgitate those things again here.

It will be a while yet before I can test this new status at a Pullman and Sofitel where I have advance bookings.

Personally, I am far more interested in elevated service levels rather than quickly consumable F&B Amenities but that is just my personal preference. The FOM/Loyalty Activist in this little Mercure is excellent in this regard. I would really hesitate to return to this hotel if she were to move on as no one else comes anywhere near to her in terms of efficiency and passion for Guest Experience work.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Jan 22, 2020 at 9:14 pm