FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Amtrak Codes Here!
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2004, 8:20 am
loveleigh

Smile Accela NE corridor discounts

Do you know of any that work with Acela NY to Boston and reverse? Thanks for all these btw. I have tried all of them and none work with Acela. undefinedundefinedundefined

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Let's all post Amtrak codes here & keep this link running with codes. If you know if a code is route specific, please post that information here. Some codes work on certain trains & routes, whereas others don't.

I always test sell all the codes I can recall, even if it's an old code b/c sometimes they seem to recycle the code numbers & sometimes codes are valid on a route that we don't think they are valid on, so it doesn't hurt to try. It usually only takes about an extra 10 minutes.

When doing test sells, I recommend trying to do it off of the AAA rate first - if that doesn't work, try doing it off the regular rate. Codes, like the current V707 dropped an unreserved WAS-NYP ticket from 72 down to about 57 last week, when the AAA rate was 64 - but it was only doable off the regular rate, whereas the V529 code will work off the AAA rate & the regular rate, witht the AAA rate pricing out better.

The most recent code posted is:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000160.html

Student did a great job describing the codes, and I'll admit that I'm lazier than that, so I'll start with these:

V707 - at least 20% off - should be valid til 9/17, possibly later
V529 - at least 20% off - Su-Th - no Fri/Sat trains from 11A-11P
V709 - at least 20% off - Fri/Sat - should be valid til 11/9
V805 - at least 20% off of some trains - most likely PA trains, but it doesn't hurt to try.
H317
H315
H234
H235
H215 - 10% off on regular trains through 12/31 - can be used with AAA rate

(edited to add that the above codes have all worked at one time or another on the East Coast WAS-NYP route - weekdays/weekends - haven't tried v805 or v709 yet, but I am adding those based off of Student's post)

[This message has been edited by bhatnasx (edited 07-28-2003).]