FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:39 am
plain

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
Let's give this a try..

I don't currently have any frequent flyer status and I fly mostly economy Norwegian & EasyJet and sometimes also Finnair and Lufthansa between EU countries. I get maybe 6 to 12 legs a year on those trips. Price is the deciding factor on 1-4 hour flights.
Now I'm planning flying in business to North America and/or SE Asia 1-2 times per year for vacation. Finnair has some deals on some destinations I've been eyeing. Still it's possible to find several hundred euros cheaper business tickets from other airlines specially when flight time is slightly longer (w/stop over). I'm quite flexible on dates and destinations, so many places to see

So my question is is it worth to start collecting Finnair Plus points when I have up to 4 long haul (business) and maybe 6 short (eco) flights per year for coming years on Finnair (if I consolidate most of my flights)? Or should I just keep shopping the cheapest acceptable tickets from various airlines? I'm asking here because being Finnish and flying out from HEL I would hope to get some experiences from people who have been in same situation with similar options.