FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC2411 operated by Omni Air
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:34 pm
david_oz

Programs: UA 1K
AC2411 operated by Omni Air

I’m travelling this Thursday YYC-YVR-HNL, and then on Friday at 8am on the island hopper (separate ticket). I purposefully booked a 3.5 hour layover in YVR because I wanted to be sure about making the connection, and purposefully booked the overnight in HNL for the same reason since it’s not a connection.

maybe I’m being paranoid, but I was just looking at FR24 for this flight, and the on time performance is abysmal. Four cancellations within the last week! Here’s the (potential) issue, by the time this flight is delayed and maybe eventually cancelled, there won’t be another way to get me to HNL in time for the island hopper. Can anybody suggest any tips for proactively managing a potential IRROPS situation with AC from either calgary or Vancouver? How willing will they be to reaccommodate me proactively rather than reactively?

and yes, I’m double checking my travel insurance and making sure I have trip interruption coverage. But I’m more interested in actually getting to Micronesia than getting a refund of a few hotel nights. Hopefully I’m just worrying for now reason, but better to have a plan than not.

thanks

Dave