FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge when connecting to domestic JAL at NRT
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:42 pm
groenroos

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ETHFlyer
I would rather drop my bag off, grab some food at the airport, then take a hot shower. Make sure you eat before you go through security because there is literally nothing to eat in the domestic terminal after security (except for 1 udon stand).
Very useful info, thank you! ^

Originally Posted by ETHFlyer
Taking the train is a possibility. If you've never done it I would suggest doing it on the way back since flights from Tokyo to Osaka are cheaper than train tickets, and if you use points it's essentially free (so cheap). Taking the train is pretty cool, as long as you don't have a lot of bags.
This was my thinking, too. I have round-trip flights to/from NRT, and I've split the trip between 4 nights in Kyoto and 3 nights in Tokyo. I think just off a 12-hour flight I would be less amenable to take my bags on the train(s), vs. having had time to relax in Kyoto first, and then taking the train back - esp. since my Tokyo hotel is conveniently right next to the Shinagawa station.