FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Western chain hotels in Tokyo and Kyoto
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:38 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Actually I've stayed in Shinjuku, several times at the PH and at least once at the HR across the street from the Hilton.

I've also stayed at PG (Starriott LC) when elites still had lounge access, Andaz a number of times, Westin a number of times, Palace, Imperial many times, one of the Washington business hotels, the old LM, a local hotel near Tokyo Station, and a NRT airport hotel (Japanese chain).

For shopping, I'd personally pick the Imperial. It's a nice mix of local and international and is attached to an upscale indoor mall where I've seen watches in the window with a (converted) price of over a half million dollars. It's a fun way to spend time if the weather is bad. There are also some good stores in the hotel itself for porcelain, kimonos, and bridal gowns. You can walk to the Tokyo station pedestrian street and major Ginza department stores (fascinating basement food halls) and my favorite, Wako, plus lots of smaller shops and some electronics display places, etc.