FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any tips on removing FF number from PDF receipt
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:41 am
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
If you use a personal credit card, you are not reimbursed until after the flight, yes. If you use the corporate travel agent (not required) or you have access to a company credit card, it's not an issue. I use a personal card when I buy 1st class (because I'll only be reimbursed for coach, sometimes C+ depending on itinerary) It's easy to avoid if you use the corporate travel agency, but I much prefer to DIY. I'm also fortunate to be in a position that has access to a company credit card, so.....[and we can buy tickets for others on those cards, when appropriate] So yes, it's a PITA, but there are work arounds.
OK at least you have the option to use a corporate travel agent or credit card (which you are not responsible for paying directly?).

At my company we MUST use the corporate travel agency and we must use our corporate cards (which we are on the hook for but will be paid directly by the company when the expense report is approved) for travel expenses. Nonrefundable tickets can be expensed right after purchase, refundable tickets have to wait until flown but they discourage refundable tickets (they'd rather pay a change fee, particularly for domestic travel) and those would likely be flown before the credit card statement is due anyway.

I still don't understand what requiring the boarding pass accomplishes, however.