FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any tips on removing FF number from PDF receipt
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:32 am
Hoyaheel

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by ijgordon
So that means you can't submit for reimbursement until after you fly? Are you always buying more expensive close-in tickets? If you buy a ticket 3 months in advance, you have to float your employee the money until you take the flight and can submit a boarding pass? This makes no sense...I really don't understand the point of requiring a boarding pass. It does NOT prove that you took the flight.
If you use a personal credit card, you are not reimbursed until after the flight, yes. If you use the corporate travel agent (not required) or you have access to a company credit card, it's not an issue. I use a personal card when I buy 1st class (because I'll only be reimbursed for coach, sometimes C+ depending on itinerary) It's easy to avoid if you use the corporate travel agency, but I much prefer to DIY. I'm also fortunate to be in a position that has access to a company credit card, so.....[and we can buy tickets for others on those cards, when appropriate] So yes, it's a PITA, but there are work arounds.