FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Superb BA customer service
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:25 am
snaxmuppet

Programs: BAEC Gold
Superb BA customer service

When I travelled to Toronto 2 weeks ago I rather stupidly left my Kindle e-reader in one of the storage compartments in Club World. When I checked into my hotel in town I received a phone call from BA to say they had found it and it was being held at the airport for me to pick up when I check in to return home. Needless to say, I forgot to ask for it when I checked in but I did remember when I was in the lounge so I went straight to the gate and spoke to the guy there. He made a couple of calls but said they couldn't find it at check in. However, he said he would chase it up and find a way to get it to me if it was found.

I forgot about it to be honest. I didn't doubt his sincerity but didn't think it likely it would be found or that BA would go out of their way to get it back to me in the UK. How wrong I was!

A couple of days after getting back home I received an email telling me they had chased down the Kindle and that they were sending it back to me by courier! Crikey! 5 days later, and just 7 days from my return home, I received it back in one piece sent via Fed-Ex.

Now I call that incredible service by any standard. It is not a particularly high-value item (OK, over £100 but, even so, not something that I would expect BA to go out of their way to return) but I did very much appreciate its return as it had a lot of e-Book downloads and a few other files that I appreciated not having to set up on a new Kindle... and of course I didn't need to buy a new Kindle!

So a big WELL DONE to the gate crew for bothering and another big WELL DONE to BA for allowing their staff to provide this kind of service.

We all read a lot about BA not coming up to scratch when it comes to customer service but this shows that it can be done.