FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fake "let me give you some points for that" Routine
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:13 pm
manico

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
The Fake "let me give you some points for that" Routine

Has anyone else experienced the same thing as I have with front desk agents who are trying to pretend to provide customer service by offering you bonus Bonvoy points for something that went wrong? They usually tell you they'll give you 1,000 points for the inconvenience and then push a button on their keyboard to make it look like they did something but you never ever receive those points?

It's happened to me twice at 2 different New York City properties where the FD agent's have said that and clicked on their keyboard to make it sound like they were adding them to my account but nothing ever happens. Is this how they are trained? Do they realize or care that it only makes the customer service look worse? Or are they really adding bad notations about me in the file ("don't accept reservations from this nut again!")? Anyone else????