FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:15 pm
wizla

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by ab007
This used to be my go to London property but I've not stayed here for a little while, in fact based on the fact the Rill (the water channel which used to run outside the hotel leading to Tower Bridge) has since been bricked up because people can't be trusted to walk around it and use their mobile phones at the same time I would guess it's been the best part of 2 years. In that time my handful of London stays have been at the Park Lane and Bankside properties.

We stayed here for one night over the weekend and I have to say it may be winning me back.

A warm welcome and the usual upgrade to an executive room made a good start to the stay. The restaurant is coming along nicely and due to be open at the start of February, breakfast in the mean time was located in a function room on the first floor. It wasn't ideal but seemed to be fairly organised and the selection didn't seem to suffer much (if at all).

We were very happy with the exec lounge but we only used it during the day, it was very busy on the Saturday evening when we popped in for a take away coffee but appeared to have a decent enough spread. ke Regarding afternoon tea I know there were a period of reports on here that it had been removed in the exec lounge (one of the things that pushed me away), but I have to say we used the lounge both afternoons and found it to be pretty good. There were no sandwiches but an excellent spread of scones, cup cakes, macaroons and a very nice (and generously pre sliced) chocolate cake which eclipsed a lot of lounge experiences I've had. I'm not sure therefore if this is a new thing...?
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay , thanks for reporting ( and the Croydon report ) .....yes I like it here too, it works doesn’t it, I’ve never not been upgraded to Executive on every stay here.
I think when Bankside was new it was awesome so this took some of the shine off TB but now Bankside is making a few cutbacks and very high rates this makes TB become appealing again, not that it was ever mediocre.
I think personally if the prices was the same I Would probably choose TB over Bankside these days.