FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FRA Arrivals lounge vs Departure lounges when connecting
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:42 am
cas_de

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
I’m flying through Frankfurt this week with a rather long connection (over 4 hours) and given that I’m United Global Services have access to the arrivals lounge in addition to the departure lounges.

Is there any benefit to clearing customs and leaving the airside area to use the arrivals lounge for a shower etc and then reclearing security vs just using a Senator lounge during the connection?

Have never used the arrivals lounge so not sure if it’s significantly differentiated in any way.
Pro Welcome lounge: lots of showers, breakfast option, likely less crowded.
Cons Welcome lounge: need to re-clear security (which can be a pain, depending on the terminal), need to clear passport control twice if you are travelling on a non-schengen to non-schengen itiniary, no daylight

Pro SEN lounge: stay inside the sterile area
Con SEN lounge: fewer showers (could mean wait time to take a shower), lounge is likely to be more crowded than the Welcome lounge

My $.02: ff you have enough time, don't mind the stroll and having to re-clear security I would go to the Welcome lounge.