FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:32 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Yep I have a whole thread on my overnight stay in the terminals in case you are interested:

Layover in JFK from midnight til 11am

My main concern is whether I can get my jal boarding pass by checking in online. I've had mixed success with that with other airlines so was wondering about user experiences with JAL on flights leaving jfk
I will add my vote to the people saying the TWA hotel in that thread.

I have not tried with AA, but often when lounges closes overnight you'd have to argue pretty strongly to get lounge access the day before on an originating ticket. So I'd have my doubts that you'd get in to the AA lounges when arriving. The one closing the latest is any way at 1am, so it is just about an hour you'll get before you will be sent to an airport bench until they reopen at 4:15am should you manage to get in.

I assume you do not have luggage to check, as that would force you to go landside. And once land side, would TSA let you in again, with a ticket for the following day. While the terminal seemingly does not shut down, the TSA check points do shut down overnight while there are no flights.