FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Resort Hua Hin Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:14 am
strickers

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Well talk about long-term planning. Having pushed around the dates for our trip a bit we are now booked to stay IC HH in April 2020 and I have reached out to them to see how much they will ask to upgrade a basic room in Blueport Wing (on points) for one night to the Hua Hin Suite so that we can stay in the same room (base rates are around 8K THB for a entry level room so 40K points is still good value, even if I need to pay extra for Suite / Club). I offered to forgo the upgrade to the Premier Suite for the first two paid nights, so let's see what number they cook up. I'll make sure I'm sitting down when reading the reply .

With regards to the room, do you shoven recall whether those Hua Hin Suites (old Resort Classic ones) usually have connecting doors? I'm not a big fan of those so would like to get a Suite without them if that exists (some hotels, all suites have connecting doors, e.g. Hyatt Regency Bali). Appreciate your thoughts if you happen to recall / know.

Also any more recent Club experiences from anyone would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers ...
Long term planning? I've just pencilled it in for April 2021! That's what going part-time does for you, too much time to think. Chennai for October 2021 too!