FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report: Turkish Airlines 777-300ER Los Angeles - Istanbul
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:21 am
wcreek

Originally Posted by johnsw1988
Hello again!

Previously, I mentioned that TK crew are usually professional but not necessarily friendly. I believe it has something to do with the culture and language barrier. However, they tend to be friendlier to Turkish speaking passengers.

On this flight, it was no exception. The service felt rushed, and the crews have a rigid personality. As you know, I’m a big amenity kit collector. I flew Turkish Airlines quite often, so I have all of the colors of the male amenity kit. I asked if I could have the female one instead, and she simply said no. She just shrugged and told me if I wanted the female amenity kit, I could just swap with other female passengers. I didn’t want to make a fuss about it, so I just took whatever they gave me.

I can’t help but noticed the chef rushed me to fill out the breakfast order card as he wanted it done before take-off.

Conclusion

I have to say it wasn’t the best Turkish Airlines flight I’ve had. The lack of hospitality becomes a norm as I take more and more trips with them. The catering is impressive, but the service could be friendlier and personalized as it sets the tone of how good a flight would be.
I am sorry to hear that, can you please elaborate your comments on "friendliness" , "culture" , "language barrier", "personality", and "lack of hospitality" of the crew.