FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Short Haul Business - Great Service
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:36 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You’re talking about Economy class, though, right? I think the OP is referring to Business class, along with Johan’s subsequent comments. For the Economy basic thing I think all the airlines are going the same way and in many cases the prices are creeping back up too. Early last year I was in Business between AMS and LHR and I too was truly impressed at how good it was for such a short flight.

But what impresses me is European Economy class (excepting the shortest routes) where you nearly always get a friendly engaged crew and something passably good to eat (Beemster sandwiches, wraps) and a choice of drinks from the bar, including wine and beer. That’s becoming increasingly rare (Lufthansa service is really poor, even in Business) and many airlines have the horrid BoB (such as BA).

So yes, like the OP I was impressed with the business class service (other sectors included flying to FRA and DUS, all pretty good). But then, I like everything about the Netherlands and could easily live there.