FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:44 pm
randian

Originally Posted by trikotret
I don't think they'll do ban increase. Their card is exclusive to their customers base. Plus this card is a cash back card you can't transfer points to airlines or hotels. It's basically cash back for 1.5-4.5%. Only thing they might do is limit the mobile pay category which I hope they don't.
USB does have a sad history of nerfing their cards. If they do anything negative I'd expect them to drop mobile pay entirely, like CNB did with some of its categories, or else devalue the points either by reducing them to less than 1cpp or reducing the travel multiplier to less than 1.5, or both. I could also see a quarterly or annual limit on mobile pay. We are outliers though, mobile pay may not get as much use across their entire customer base.

Or they could totally surprise me by expanding their travel categories to be like Bank of America's, dropping minimum thresholds for RTR redemption on hotels and rental cars, and adding other appealing cards to their ecosystem that earn AR points. It's nice to dream