FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:18 am
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by German Expat
I am currently waiting for my new passport (old one expires in July 2020 and some countries require 6 month left) and based on what I know I should first update my passport info before renewing. Do I understand this correctly?
As long as your old passport is still valid, you can apply to renew your Global Entry membership. If you recieve final approval before you get a new passport, just update the passport information online.

If you receive your new passport before the final approval of your GE renewal application, you will not be able to update the passport information online while the GE renewal application is still pending. If that were the case, you will need to stop by a GE Enrollment Center to have the passport information updated or, if you are selected to have an enrollment interview before receiving final approval, bring both your expired and new passports to the interview and have the interviewing CPB officer update it during the interview.

There is helpful information in the following threads: