FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Western chain hotels in Tokyo and Kyoto
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:13 am
ShopAround

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Thank you, northsideguy , for your thoughtful response. I was looking at the Prince properties but unfortunately, none of them are available as points stays for my dates. I can book the Westin but I think the Hilton Shinjuku sounds like a better location.

I'm still a little indecisive about where to stay after Tokyo. I decided to choose either Osaka or Kyoto as a base. Many people recommended Kyoto, would you agree with that? Both the Ritz-Carlton and Westin have points availability for my dates in both cities.

I did read about the luggage delivery service, which I really like (sounds like a pleasure after having schlepped my bags all around Europe on trains on past trips). I'll be flying in and out of HND, so my plan is the airport bus to my hotel on arrival > five or six nights in Tokyo > Shinkansen to Osaka or Kyoto > five nights there (with day trips) > Shinkansen back to Tokyo for one last night before departing the next day (I'm a DL/SkyTeam flyer, so I don't really have good options out of KIX).