FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:06 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jrl767
42- this sounds a lot like the old Air France island-hopper ... by this time, of course, the Caravelles were long gone, having been replaced by 737-200s (we have had a few questions about both over the years); however I remember AF 727-200s on the delivery ramp at BFI during my flight test days, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if a few of them were plying the Caribbean routes

I’d guess San Juan (SJU) was the first stop, followed by the capital cities of the former French territories of Guadeloupe and Martinique, being Pointe-a-Pitre (PTP) and Fort de France (FDF) respectively
42. Correct! I do not have the complete schedule but do know that AF 357 departed Port-au-Prince every Sunday at 1:10 pm and then arrived into Caracas at 8:35 pm following stops in San Juan, Pointe-a-Pitre and Fort de France. Air France operated this flight with a B727-200 and was also operating 747 service at this time once a week nonstop from both PTP and FDF to CCS (with the latter service being flown with a combi aircraft) with these 747 flights originating at Paris Charles de Gaulle.