FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:45 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Herb687
I actually visited HDN a couple of times around the year in question, give or take a year. I cannot remember what mainline equipment I saw at HDN other than AA's. I got there via UAX flights from DEN (operated by Mesa/YV, if memory serves. Flying fairly low over the Rockies in a Beech 1900 was beautiful flying). Had UA operated mainline into HDN I probably would have been on it, so I'm going to guess that the non-AA 722 going to HDN wasn't United either.

Continental TPA-IAH-HDN perhaps?

(Another HDN reminiscence. Back then there were separate buildings for AA's mainline flights and the UAX/YV commuter flights to DEN. There was no security screening at HDN on the flights to DEN so they had to park at special positions on the ramp at DEN in order to funnel disembarking passengers into a landside part of the concourse outside security.)
Driving by the entrance road to HDN last May on U.S. 40 en route to Steamboat from Jackson Hole, I was struck by the very small access road to the airport. And one could not miss that huge plant with the big stacks in the proximity of the airfield......

Oh, we still have a quiz to address.....

57. It wasn't Continental and this flight did not stop at IAH.